T4MVC > RouteValues

Jul 5, 2011 at 4:34 PM

@Maartenba, thanks for this great addition to the already awesome MVC platform! I've recently been converting my MVC apps to utilize the T4MVC to replace the usage of visual strings. Is there anything in the works that might allow MVC SiteMap provider to play nicely with T4MVC? Or better yet, is there something already inplace? Specifically, it would be nice to replace the RouteValues in the DynamicNodeProvider classes to utilize something along the lines of ActionResult { MVC.Home.Index }.

Thanks again for all your hard work!

Best regards,
Vinney

Coordinator
Jul 6, 2011 at 10:54 AM

Hi Vinney,

Unfortunately not, T4MVC and MvcSiteMapProvider are each other's nemesis when combined in a project ;-)

Is there a specific issue you are seeing with T4MVC? In some simple cases both should play nicely together.

Best regards,
Maarten

Jul 6, 2011 at 3:24 PM

Good morning Maarten. I didn't mean to imply that two packages clash, rather, I was hoping there would be some way to utilize t4 for defining the nodes. I'm a fan of type safety because I tend to do a lot of refactoring and reorganization during the development lifecycle. I know, if I would spend more time in the planning pahse, I could save myself some trouble but that's not very agile, is it?

Thanks for your hard work! It's great to see your level of committment to the SiteMap project.