One node with multiple parents

Dec 28, 2010 at 7:01 AM

I tried to fix this issue by generating a dynamic node and assigning it to appropriate parent depending on the session data, but this is a bit buggy.

I read in a previous post about a route issue which will fix this issue in version 3.0, so is there anyway I can start using this route now ?

Dec 28, 2010 at 8:39 AM

If you download the latest sources in the 3.0.0 branch, you can use this feature although I'm not sure it will fix your problem. One node with multiple parents is not supported...

Dec 28, 2010 at 1:05 PM

I want to have multiple nodes which have save controller and action in different routes, will 3.0 fix it ? is it stable ?

thanks for your reply.

Dec 28, 2010 at 1:46 PM

Then you will have to create multiple site map nodes, as from a sitemap perspective these are different "nodes".

Jan 5, 2011 at 2:01 PM

i have tried to create multiple nodes by adding multiple MvcSiteMapNode attributes to my controller action.

the action is set up to respond to multiple routes.

when building a SiteMapPath in the view, the view always displays the node that corresponds to the last attribute on the controller action.

is there a way to set up that each attribute corresponds to a single route?

Jan 6, 2011 at 7:17 AM

The 3.0 version (currently in source code) will fix this by introducing a new "route" property.

Jan 6, 2011 at 7:34 AM

sounds great.

downloaded the current version, but im still running mvc 2.

now it won't build, having trouble with the MvcSiteMapProvider.Internal.MvcSiteMapProviderViewEngine class

the CreatePartialView and CreateView methods are broken as it seems the constructors on WebFormView have changed.

can i get the current build working without updating mvc?

Jan 6, 2011 at 8:34 AM

You can copy the MvcSiteMapProviderViewEngine from the previous version, should work fine.

Jan 6, 2011 at 8:40 AM

did so like 5 mins after i posted.

thanks for the quick response though.

Sep 20, 2011 at 6:46 PM

How do I use the route property? I have a route that's defined as "Search/{action}/{searchtype}/{searchtext}/{pagenumber}" that would be one parent. The other parent would be "/Compare/SpecCompare"