simple menu question

Nov 1, 2010 at 7:52 AM

Hi Maartenba,

First -- great provider!  I'm totally impressed by the thoroughness and solidity.  Thanks so much for building and releasing this.

I've gotten it all to work, with one exception that is probably pretty obvious, but I didn't see in any examples, documentation or discussion.

On a menu, I'd like the active li to appear as <li class="active">.  Given the thoroughness of the rest of the project, I'm sure it's in there.  Could you please explain how to do it?  If it's using the template, could you point me to an example of how to do it?

Thanks,

Peter

Nov 2, 2010 at 6:11 AM

Ah.  Figured it out.  

Made a DisplayTemplate folder and then a custom MenuHelperModel.ascx.

Coordinator
Nov 2, 2010 at 7:59 AM

Perfect, glad you found out.

Dec 6, 2010 at 1:13 AM

Hi, 

I have the same problem and don't know how to resolve it yet. Where do I have to create the mentioned folder and how exactly do I use the custom template within?

I guess this is a very widely used feature and it would be helpful to give a sample somewhere in the docs.

Thanks in advance!

Dec 6, 2010 at 7:39 AM
Hi Simon,

If you download the MVCMusicStore sample, you'll see how custom templates are meant to work.

Peter

On Sun, Dec 5, 2010 at 5:13 PM, SimonW <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Hi,

I have the same problem and don't know how to resolve it yet. Where do I have to create the mentioned folder and how exactly do I use the custom template within?

I guess this is a very widely used feature and it would be helpful to give a sample somewhere in the docs.

Thanks in advance!

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (mvcsitemap@discussions.codeplex.com@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email mvcsitemap@discussions.codeplex.com@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com

Dec 6, 2010 at 4:31 PM
Edited Dec 6, 2010 at 4:32 PM

Hi pkuykendall,

I downloaded and ran the sample and understand that I have to put my custom template in the /Views/Shared/ folder. What I don't get is how to use it (or how to give it to the Menu() method). I named it exactly like the template in the MvcSitemapProvider solution (MenuHelperModel.ascx) but it is ignored and the original version is used instead of mine.

€: Nevermind, I forgot to create the DisplayTemplates folder in /Views/Shared. It is working now. Thanks for your assistance!