Disable Cache When Using Resource Localization?

Oct 28, 2009 at 4:25 PM

I saw in another post (WorkItem #2757) that it was suggested to disable caching when using resource localization for language-specific node titles and descriptions.  Can someone provide details on doing that?  I've tried disabling the cache in the MvcSiteMap class itself, and it seems the parent SiteMapProvider still ends up doing some kind of caching.  I've also tried sending enableCaching="false" to the parent class Init and it still doesn't show the correct node titles between language selection clicks.  Any ideas?

Coordinator
Oct 29, 2009 at 2:05 PM

Disabling cache should do the trick.

Oct 29, 2009 at 3:00 PM

I think I am missing what this really means...how does one "disable the cache?"  I've tried setting the cacheDuration to "0" and also sending enableCaching="false" to MvcSiteMap and its Parent class during init, and still the language strings for my menus do not get updated between page refreshes.

Feb 6, 2010 at 1:15 AM
Edited Feb 6, 2010 at 1:30 AM

Sorry Guys, I posted the stuff below BEFORE I checked out Version 1.1 of the Sitemap core dll, All worked well using that.

Paul

=======================================

I also need how to disable the cache as I am using an MVC project and have successfully set up the breadcrumb facility but it does not update the title when I switch language

Interestingly though, it does update the mouseover hover tip

Any ideas?