Cache Duration set to 0 causes loss of child nodes

Sep 15, 2009 at 7:29 PM
Edited Sep 15, 2009 at 7:32 PM

Greetings,

I was having a problem setting the cache duration to 0 and having the child nodes not being added when I navigated to a node that was the last child of any root. I bypassed it by checking the cache duration > 0 in the provider on line 373 and ignoring the cache check.  Can you confirm ? I just want to make sure that I didn't miss something in the configuration.

You might ask why I am using 0.. it's really just for testing purposes as I added submenu generation and need to test to make sure everything works each time I add a new link. After that, I'll set it to cache for some length of time.

Coordinator
Sep 16, 2009 at 9:01 AM

Can you produce some code to reproduce?

Sep 16, 2009 at 12:13 PM

All I did was set the Cache Duration in the provider configuration to 0. At that point , I had made no modifications to the existing code. This was using all of the initial code as found in the download. Try setting it to 0 and stepping through the GetChildNodes method and you’ll hopefully see what I mean.

Regards,

-Jim Losi

Sent: Wednesday, September 16, 2009 5:02 AM
To: jlosi1@twcny.rr.com
Subject: Re: Cache Duration set to 0 causes loss of child nodes [mvcsitemap:69024]

Can you produce some code to reproduce?

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (mvcsitemap@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email mvcsitemap@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Coordinator
Sep 17, 2009 at 7:40 AM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.