breadcrumb trail - same page is referenced from diffrent locations

Sep 14, 2009 at 7:48 AM

Hi,

I'm using the controller to create a breadcrumb trail, my web site got a few pages that navigates to the same page (i.e same url) from diffrent locations (pages), how can I represent it in the breadcrumb controller I still want to keep the parent node that called that page.

[if im putting the same url in the website map xml file its throwing an exception]

thanks

Coordinator
Sep 14, 2009 at 8:28 AM

Check http://mvcsitemap.codeplex.com/WorkItem/View.aspx?WorkItemId=2454

Sep 18, 2009 at 1:17 AM

Sorry I still dont get it,

for my example I have a search filter page which navigate to the results page and result page navigate to a specific  item.

so the breadcrumb would be something like Home->Search Deals->Search Deal Results->Deal Details.

and then I have another section of the application which is responsible for the shipments search. and inside the shipment details I have a link to the deal details that is included in the shipment.

Home->Distribution Search->Distribution Search Results -> Distribution Details -> Deal Details.

I cant create two of the same nodes because its throwing an exception.

hope I made myself clear.

Thanks for your help

Coordinator
Sep 18, 2009 at 7:57 AM

Check the example application included. When navigating to a product details page, the parent node is set to the category the product can be found in. The same logic can be used in your situation.