Dead Project?

Oct 26, 2011 at 9:03 PM

Is this a dead project? There seems to be a good amount of issues and some discussions and not a lot of answers. I have a few questions. If I have a route that is not the standard /controller/action/id is this going to be a problem?

Here is my situation. I have the following /states/{state}/{action} and I'm trying to create the dynamic sitemap. If I have the following code: 

<mvcSiteMapNode title="Index" controller="States" action="Index" dynamicNodeProvider="globalEDGE_MVC.StateDetailsDynamicNodeProvider, globalEDGE-MVC">
          <mvcSiteMapNode title="Profile" controller="States" action="Profile" inheritedRouteParameters="state"></mvcSiteMapNode>

Everything comes up as the state of Alabama (first in the list).
If I have: 

<mvcSiteMapNode title="Index" controller="States" action="Index" dynamicNodeProvider="globalEDGE_MVC.StateDetailsDynamicNodeProvider, globalEDGE-MVC">
          <mvcSiteMapNode title="Profile" controller="States" action="Profile"></mvcSiteMapNode>

The first page /States/Michigan is fine, but the inside page: /States/Michigan/Profile says : Index > Profile for the breadcrumb.

public override IEnumerable<DynamicNode> GetDynamicNodeCollection()
        {
            var nodes = new List<DynamicNode>();
            foreach (var state in _db.States.OrderBy(a=>a.Name).Select(a => a.Tag.Title))
            {
                DynamicNode node = new DynamicNode();
                node.Title = state;
                node.Key = "State_" + state;
                node.Title = state;
                node.Controller = "states";
                node.Action = "Index";
                node.RouteValues.Add("state", state);
                nodes.Add(node);
            }
            return nodes;
        }

There's my C# Code. I have downloaded the most recent source and compiled it. Thanks!

Coordinator
Nov 22, 2011 at 6:42 AM

This should be working... Is it possible to create a small project that reproduces this behaviour?

As for the project being dead: no. Just two hands and an awful load of work at the office resulting in either working on MvcSiteMapProvider or spending family time. Sorry :-)