route tag with .NET 3.5

Jan 26, 2011 at 4:27 PM

Hi,
First off, thanks for such a great package, really nice work.

I'm trying to port the route tag from 3.0 back into 2.3 since our production server runs .NET 3.5 and won't be up to 4 for quite some time.

Is this something I have a chance at or are there too many objects relying on the 4.0 codebase?

I ask mainly because I've got a large group of Views that come from two different parent locations and it seems mvcSiteMap 2.3.0 can't handle multiple parent nodes.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks, 

Coordinator
Jan 27, 2011 at 8:01 AM

You know what? I'll port this to the 2.3.1 branch. I know I said that I would drop .NET .5 support but there's too much 3.5 users out there to leave in the cold.

Coordinator
Jan 27, 2011 at 8:02 AM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.
Jan 27, 2011 at 6:15 PM
Edited Jan 27, 2011 at 6:17 PM

That would be ideal!  As much as I would like to have all my code running on the latest framework, it's just not feasible in a large organization (I'm literally 500km away from the server admins)

Thanks very much.

Feb 3, 2011 at 4:05 PM

Maarten,

Thanks for back porting the route attribute. I hope to implement it to resolve my own multiple parent issue.

I noticed the other branches weren't on the nuget repo. Have you seen Jeremy Skinner's blog post on automating nuget builds? His third step automates the uploading of his built nupkg to the gallery.

Thanks again for your work.

Kurt Johnson

Coordinator
Feb 4, 2011 at 9:17 AM

Thanks for the tip!