Root node could not be determined

Sep 1, 2010 at 4:37 PM
Edited Sep 1, 2010 at 4:37 PM

Hi,

I hope someone out there could help me with this hopefully trivial error. The web application I'm developing are working great, but after a couple of minutes in debugging mode I get this error when loading a page:

Root node could not be determined. Check that the XML SiteMap file exists or that there is an MvcSiteMapNode attribute defined that does not have the ParentKey defined.

Root node could not be determined. Check that the XML SiteMap file exists or that there is an MvcSiteMapNode attribute defined that does not have the ParentKey defined.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: MvcSiteMapProvider.MvcSiteMapException: Root node could not be determined. Check that the XML SiteMap file exists or that there is an MvcSiteMapNode attribute defined that does not have the ParentKey defined.

It is not one single page causing the problem and it does not happen until a couple of minutes passed. I've searched the discussions and found something similar in http://mvcsitemap.codeplex.com/Thread/View.aspx?ThreadId=209923. Have anyone else had the same issue and been able to fix it?

Coordinator
Sep 2, 2010 at 6:15 AM

Are you using XML sitemaps or using MvcSiteMapNodeATtribute?

Sep 2, 2010 at 6:29 PM

I use XML-sitemap. Yesterday I tried increasing the cacheDuration value in Web.config and it helped. It seems the error occurs when this time has passed.